Miyelle surprises with oversized shapes and proportions. She manages to create works of art from everyday objects that remain functional at the same time. This gives these objects a completely different meaning and makes using them an experience.
- Handmade in London
- Dimensions: W 11cm x L 11cm x D 1.5cm
- Material: Stoneware with a speckled texture
- Since each plate is handmade, each individual piece can vary in shape
- The irregularity in the shape is not a quality defect, but stands for the manual work
- Dishwasher safe but hand wash recommended
Miyelle is a ceramic artist who has been teaching herself everything since 2017. Inspired by natural and abstract forms, she experiments with how these two seemingly opposite ideas can be combined. With a focus on creating functional homewares, she seeks to elevate the experience of everyday rituals by creating objects that are playful, beautiful and tactile. The sculptural designs use exaggerated shapes and proportions in hopes that they will surprise and delight. Each piece is carefully handcrafted in London.